Monday, March 1, 2010

Maps for the trip?

Thinking about maps. In an ideal world 1:50.000 ordance survey are the best choice. However a few disadvangtes to this. Very expensive and as there will be a lot of them, far to bulky.
I do have a copy of them all of Great Britain copied from a torrent site on my net book. As I have decided to carry this along, the odd look will be ok, although not ideal.
Thinking I might purchace the Sustrains maps, i think there a around five of them in all. Ok the detail will not be there, but with the help of the computer and the illeagal copy of the Landranger series it just might work.
Another idear is to print the Landranger maps i need, they will be much thinner than the actual maps, but i havent come over the problem of printing while zoomed in on one. I will ask for some advise on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment