Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Slow trainning

I havent been out for a long ride for two weeks now. Just been ryding the commute to uni, though only around 80 miles a week. The daily trip is 22 miles return which takes me about 50 minuets averaging around 12 mph.
I think I am going to invest in a new saddle as the one which came with the Thoen Club Tour is very hard and very plastic, i am surprised the bike never came with a more substantial rear end surport!
Ime thinking of a days cycle to Liverpool for the weekend following the beging of the Trans Pennine Way. And comming back past the docks through Bootle. Will be about 60-70 miles in all. But I will load the bike with all the panniers and tent for more practise.
Not eBays fault but ime still waiting for my new stove to show up, it was ordered and paid for over three weeks ago now, I shall have to do some investigations.
Keep pedaling.
On the commute to uni today I have had the saddle in just about every postion posible, it still hasent made it any more comfy. So I will ring Thorn up to see if they will swap for a more cushioned bum surport.
I was a blaze with delight this morning, a loud knock on the front door to find the Post Man with a neat looking parcel, all for me. After a frantic opening the contents proved to be my ellusive stove, all with Honkong stanps.
At a first glance the engineering looked a little, well small and unsteady on its feet. However, after some thought, well I try, all the three legs opend out with surports to-boot. The stove is in fact very well made and very steady, not tried and tested but well done Slim City and all for £1.50, yes I say again, £1.50 of ebay.. The gas canisters I still need to purchace are a screw type of affair, not quite MSR standars but shouldent prove to hard to aquire. At this time, ime pleased with the design but will be imforming you of the workings when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment